Sunday, October 11, 2009

Who's pregnant?

We were in Oxford this weekend visiting my mom and enjoying the football festivities. There was a quilt show that my mom was involved with, so when Sara and I got into town we went to pick my mom up there. Some of her quilting friends were there and I think mom enjoyed showing off her (beautiful) daughters. We were introduced to one of her friends and she turns to me and says "So, how is the Rookie doing?" (as she reached for my stomach). Will I go to hell if I forcefully swatted an old lady's hand away? I quickly informed her that the Rookie was "over there", and pointed to my 8 MONTHS PREGNANT, BASKETBALL-CLEARLY-IN-THE-BELLY, SISTER!!!!! I mean, I know I've gained some sympathy weight, but 8 months' of baby worth? Sheesh, these old lady's kill me! If they're not informing me that I'm not married (yes, I know this) or that I should be in school if not married (cause you can either be in school or married), then they're calling me 8-month-prego fat to my face? Can a girl get a break? Just askin'.

2 comments:

  1. It's ok because at least you don't have a catch in your back ... oh, wait you do!!! Ha!!! They might just have had hard time seeing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so beautiful and so don't look pregnant, but you certainly make me really laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete